At The Ottawa Hospital, we are harnessing our doctors and scientists with all of the tools needed to research every major disease. Funds raised through THE RIDE, powered by Mattamy Homes, support all research priorities at The Ottawa Hospital, including cancer research. New discoveries are happening every day in our labs. It’s our commitment to innovation through research and clinical trials, which is changing lives everyday.
Research allows us to:
- Offer new therapies for our patients, often when they have no other hope.
- Continuously improve the quality, safety and efficiency of the care we provide.
- Attract the best and brightest clinicians, trainees and staff to The Ottawa Hospital
THE RIDE Moving. Research. Forward.
THE RIDE is an epic day of cycling but the journey begins the moment you register. You’ll decide whether you want to cycle as an individual or create a team. Next, you will receive your official welcome package, which includes a RIDE jersey. During the next few months you’ll be provided with tools and stories to inspire your family and friends in addition to wowing them with your determination and the impact you’re making on patient care at The Ottawa Hospital by funding research.
- Sunday, September 9, 2018
- Choose your distance 50KM closed route, 117KM or Virtual Ride
- Raise a minimum $750
- Join a team or ride as an individual.
- Start times: 117KM - 7:30 a.m. / 50KM 10 a.m.
- Start and finish at Tunney’s Pasture
- Celebration BBQ from 11 a.m. 4 p.m.